Hybrid Battery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prius battery rebuild

3 posters

Go down

Prius battery rebuild Empty Prius battery rebuild

Post  rturpin Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:40 pm

Just completed my first rebuild of a Prius battery (2001). Followed the guide. All went well, except that we didn't get one of the wiring plugs fully seated, so the car didn't perform as expected. We were able to remove the cover within the car and found the problem. Car now runs well. All seems to be normal.
Hardest steps were getting battery pack out of, then back into the car. It's heavy and in an awkward place. But we did it. The rebuild itself was pretty straightforward. We spread the work over three days due to other commitments.
Located good used batteries from Toyota Vlad's Toys in West Sacramento, CA. Purchased '07 and '08 batteries (one each) from wrecked Priuses at $200 each. Used all 28 of the '08 cells and 10 of the '07 cells to rebuild the '01 pack (38 cells). New cells presented a tight fit, as stated in the notes, but it works. Measured voltage of each cell to confirm good condition before putting cover back on. (Also tested all cells of the original '01 battery. It had only one bad cell, with only a slightly low voltage, but that was enough to cause warning signals and performance problems.)
Tyler of hybridbatteryrebuild.com provided good support, with quick responses to my emails with helpful answers to my questions.
My friend and I actually enjoyed the experience. Of course, it helps that it turned out well. :-)

rturpin

Back to top Go down

Prius battery rebuild Empty Have you tried our guide?

Post  Admin Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Here is the guide, that should walk you through everything you need.

Prius Battery Rebuild

Just click the link above, and we will help you out with the guide for repairing your Prius hybrid battery.

Thanks-

HybridBatteryRebuild

Admin
Admin

https://hybridbattery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prius battery rebuild Empty supplying battery products

Post  largebattery2012 Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 am

As a senior battery application provider in mainland China, Dongguan Large Electronic Co., Ltd is always committed to serving industrial users, offering the most optimal battery solutions and supplying battery products with superior quality and competitive prices.Welcome to visit:large-battery.com

largebattery2012

http://www.large-battery.com

Back to top Go down

Prius battery rebuild Empty Re: Prius battery rebuild

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down