Hybrid Battery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on

2 posters

Go down

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on Empty Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on

Post  BrochM Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:23 pm

What are the concerns of continuing to drive me Prius to and from work (just a few miles) while the check engine light & main battery warning are on?

BrochM

Back to top Go down

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on Empty Also...

Post  BrochM Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Should I bother with taking it into a repair shop for a diagnosis?

BrochM

Back to top Go down

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on Empty Also #2...

Post  BrochM Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:49 pm

When shopping around for '04-'09 Prius battery packs, how much difference will it make in the longevity of the rebuild if I used the older '04 modules vs the newer '09 modules?

BrochM

Back to top Go down

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on Empty Reply to your prius battery question.

Post  Admin Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:24 am

Hi,

It will make a big difference with the new sells you will be using. I would recommend finding the newest possible. 04 to 09 are then best, but I would probably try to find cells that are closer to 09 and spend a little more if you have to. The 04 to 09 are all the newer model and will last longer then the 01 to 03 obviously.

Thanks!

Admin
Admin

https://hybridbattery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on Empty Reply

Post  Admin Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:25 am

The lights are not a good things your battery will most likely fail soon, have you seen the triangle yet at all? That is a sure sign it will die soon.

Thanks-

Admin
Admin

https://hybridbattery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on Empty dead

Post  BR0ck94 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:04 am

So I continued to operate my 2001 Toyota Prius even after receiving the Main Hybrid Battery warning lights.

I only work 3 miles from my house, so I basically just limped it back and forth to work, until it finally decided not to start.

I'm finally getting around to rebuilding the battery with '09 cells and '07 cells.

I've tested the old '01 modules and found that one one module was bad. It had a voltage reading of about 3.4, while the rest of them were approx 8 v.

My '08 cells test at 7.72 v while the '07 cells test at 7.64 v.
I'm using 28 of the '08 cells and just 10 of the '07 cells. I wish that I would have been able to obtain two '09 batterys...

Do you think this will be a concern because the voltage is different by about .08?

BR0ck94

Back to top Go down

Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on Empty Re: Operating the Prius while the check engine light / battery warning is on

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down