Hybrid Battery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proses questions.

2 posters

Go down

Proses questions. Empty Proses questions.

Post  Konstantin Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi. It took me 45 minutes to take the battery out of the car. And 1 hour to take it a part. 01 Prius.
I checked all cells.... all of them good .... 9.70 till 8.00 and only one is 6.45.... What do you think guys. Is it what it is?
Just 1 cell....
Second question is. A understand about getting 2 used 04 and up prius battery's? But its over $500 bucks.... ??? May be really should buy a 1 or 2 cells $20 each...???
Plus this orange plastic was glued(or may be acid) to the cells. Did you guys have something like that.
I don't think i will keep this car for more then 2-3months after i am done with repair.
And i talk to toyota Adviser and he told me what they never replace all cells.... (i am not sure if i can trust him). But i am talking about spending $500 or $50???? If result will be a same. So what's a point.

Konstantin

Back to top Go down

Proses questions. Empty Re: Proses questions.

Post  stevew Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Hello, The sticky stuff you speak of is also on my batteries. The one I'm fixing and the salvage one I got to get the spare batteries. However, I am curious if you were successful in your repair. I did the repairs and all my batteries show a good charge at about 11.4. Except for one which showed 9.4. So I changed the cells with the salvage battery cells which all showed 9.2. I actually tried to just install the salvage battery but prius motor never started. it just showed "MAIN" and "Triangle" lights. However, when I reinstalled its original battery with the new cells, it showed only "Triangle" Light but it started and then magically it said "problem solved" the light went away and after driving for about 30 min. The "Triangle" showed up again. Don't know what to try now. Dealer is of no help.

stevew

Back to top Go down

Post  stevew Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

By the way your the first person I have seen since my first post actually use this site. Did u buy the guide? If so wasn't the author supposed to help answer these questions?

stevew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum